Dakota wheels

From: Frank Ball (frankb@cougar.sr.hp.com)
Date: Thu Feb 13 1997 - 13:03:23 EST

& I watched Discount tire mount my 255/60/15s on the stock 6" predator
& wheels. They went on slick as a whistle and the bulge is not excessive.
& In fact, my friends didn't even notice I had changed tires until I told
& them and no, they are not "squishy" in the corners.Speed rated tires
& have considerably stiffer sidewalls so they don't move around much
& compared to R rated ones. You want to talk squishy, those Invictas were
& very squishy. Having been in the tire business before, I know I could
& get more out of them with bigger rims but I have probably taken
& advantage of 90% of the performance gain. The question is are you
& willing to pay 700+ dollars to get the other 10% by going to bigger
& alloy wheels?? If so, more power to you and your wallet. Regards

First I never had Invictas. I have LT215 Michelins which may be a
little slippery, but probably not as bad as Invictas, and they are much
stiffer.

I was thinking of keeping the stock wheel tire combination for winter
driving, that's when we get all the rain and mud. And get some wider
lower wheels for summer driving. It's cheaper than two cars.

        Frank Ball 1UR-M frankb@sr.hp.com
         Hewlett-Packard (707) 794-4168 work
        1212 Valley House Drive (707) 794-3038 fax
        Rohnert Park CA 94928-4999 (707) 538-3693 home