Re: Paint job

From: Glenn S. Wiltse (iggy@merit.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 18 1997 - 10:55:10 EST

 I had a Chevorlet S10 that had pealing paint, it was a 91. GM painted
it from the body moldings up, in spring of 95. They indicated to me
then, that it was nearing the end of the time period where they would
continue to do this for people, I question how Chrysler could afford
to paint vehicles over that are much more then about 5 years old...

   I was also lead to beleive that all the US auto companys were having
the same problems from the mid 80s on up through the early 90s, but
they had resolved the problem. I'm hearing that this is not nessasarly
true from this group... I will be watching the paint on my 96 Dakota
very carefully...

    PS. High pressure car washes is how I first discovered the
paint peeling on my Chevy. I once I new that GM was covering the
problem, I made sure I peeled as much off as I could with the
power wash, just to make sure they painted it entirely.