RE: Trouble codes

From: mahoneyr@syr.lmco.com
Date: Tue Feb 18 1997 - 16:15:55 EST

> How arew you getting the codes...what device are you hooking up to your
> SBEC?

As, at one time I also asked this question, I feel obliged to
respond to you question as the good people on this list responded
to mine!

In order to read the codes, you use the "Check Engine Light" on the Dash
Insert the key into the ignition and cycle the key on-off-on-off-on quickly.
This puts the SBEC into a diagnostics mode. The Check Engine light will
blink a number of times indicating the code. i.e. Blink <pause> Blink,Blink
would indicate a code of 12. This is a common mode don't be surprised if
you get it!)

-->info on Codes<--
- The pause between Code digits is shorter that the pause between
   each Code.
- The codes are all two digit codes
- Code 55 signifies End of Test
- a compilation of the Code titles (not much more info) can be found
  at www.sky.net/~boballen/dakota/OBD2.html

Good Luck and I hope ya don't need it!
-rICK
'90 4x4 3.9L Auto(A500)