Re: FW: Back to the gas question...

From: Derrick Pero (dpero@frontiernet.net)
Date: Wed Feb 19 1997 - 23:15:04 EST

> The only mod I have is a K&N FIPK. I had the Jacobs Omni-Pak installed
> which seemed to cause a rough idle and seemed to make pinging worse
> (maybe my imagination), so I removed it.
> Steven Connelly
> 93 Dakota Xcab 4x4 V8 auto

I also tried the Jacobs Omni-Pak 2 years ago and experienced a rough idle with an off
idle hesitation. The techs and I went round and round.... returned it. Kept the wires.
At 300 ohms/ft they seemed to be pretty good (yes... I measured them). Also changed the
plugs last week.... .055" gap and still firing. A little long between changes
though (35K).
Later...
Derrick

P.S. Hope this answers your question John.