Re: Blown Rear

From: A McEntee & M Jass (mjass@magi.com)
Date: Thu Feb 20 1997 - 21:24:56 EST

Hey...
 how about a front drive Dakota? 8^P
I wonder what Chrysler would think of that!
(I hope we never see that one)

Unfourtunatly Your Dakota has the 7-1/4" (ring gear) diff which are known
for their whimpyness on the early Dakotas. I'm surprised it lasted as long
as it did! But not all is lost, It's usually just the bearings, unless it
REALY CRAPPED OUT!

As far as boneyards go Up near Montreal Canada there is an excellent scrap
yard that deals only in trucks (pickups to Kenworth) called

P A Truck Center
24 St.Charles
Mercier, Quebec
Canada
1-514-691-1847
1-800-361-9137

Talk to Peter, He put the SureGrip in my Dakota, and set up my old F@#D
F-150 with a Dana Posi
Good Luck.

Michael Jass
mjass@magi.com
Ottawa, Canada

'87 Dakota Fastback (3.9 V-6 carb 8^{ -> A-998 Loadfliite 3spd. 8^| -> 3.21
8-1/4" Suregrip 8^] )
'62 Cadillac Sedan de Ville