Re: FW: Two questions?

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@king.cts.com)
Date: Fri Feb 21 1997 - 18:45:46 EST

At 05:42 PM 2/21/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>I like the "dark" tint better, too...
>>
>>>I was wondering if there was a way to get rid of the mirror, maybe it
>>peals off or something.
>>
>>Doubtful, I think it's a coating on the glass, you'd have to replace the
>>windows... I'd imagine they'd interchange with the more recent "dark"
>>tinted ones, wonder how much they are from the dealer??
>>
>>Ned Vogler
>
>Unfortunately, I have had to replace my right quarter window already. The
>guy in the glass shop said it retails for $390!!!
>YOUCH!!! Thank God for insurance ($100 ded). I only lost some minor value
>items and not the truck. :P
>
>-Buddy Borders
> Phila., PA

        I've got a rear window (can't recall if it's a left or a right
side), that I had replaced because when it was tinted the moron scratched
the window... I had them replace both the rear windows (clear, with black
border) because the replacement window I received was the metal-mirror
finish (not the same as the clear, DUH!)... At the time I only could get the
'92 and newer MIRROR finish... (this was on a '91 Dakota)... I went with
the Mirrored-new windows, and limo tinted them... I have the original
'good' windows still if anyone is interested...

        $50.00 and I'll send them a picture (JPG of course!) to see what it
looks like (via e-mail).

        Let me know, it's just gathering lint in my closet (wrapped up inside
a wool sweater so I won't break the darn thing).

        ..Sam '95 SLT