Re: Squealing sound in 2nd.

From: Chris Smith (mopar@tough.com)
Date: Sat Feb 22 1997 - 14:10:41 EST

Dan Myers wrote:

> the moter was good just dirty, I had my TB off not 2 weeks ago and
> cleaned it so I know its not dirty but my idle dropes to 400 some times
> (most of the time its 550) any think it time for a new air moter? Dan

Might be. It seems like I only paid $30 (US) or so for mine. A friend
who owns an auto shop got it for me from the dealer at the wholsale
price. Takes about 5 minutes to change (if you've got the right Torx
size). I'm not sure what years/engines the TSB applied to, so you could
have other problems I suppose. If it's not dropping low enough to die,
you might be able to live with it for a while. It's a little
embarrasing to have your big, bad V8 Dak die at every red light :)

--
-Chris Smith
mopar@tough.com