Re: noisey mirror

From: Alan Casey (acasey@io.com)
Date: Tue Feb 25 1997 - 12:03:14 EST

>I have a 92 and the driver's side mirror vibrates like crazy. The dealer
>put a new mirror and housing on the truck when it was about a year old, but
>they can not fix the problem. The passenger side is fine at all speeds.
>
>Gregg
>
>92 CC V6

I have'nt had the problem myself, but I remember seeing one of those
shadetree mechanics show's. They had an S-10 with a vibrating mirror
problem. They used epoxy to glue pennies to the back of the mirror.
Evidently it dampens the frequency that builds up in the mirror at speed.

It might be worth a try.

Alan
acasey@io.com