Re: Pinging 318's

From: DesignTech@worldnet.att.net
Date: Wed Feb 26 1997 - 12:54:08 EST

i get 13 city and 20 highway... roughly
but when my foot gets a little itchy, i get 11 city and 17 highway
somewhere in the middle would be my average

-Mark (DesignTech@worldnet.att.net)

1993. 5.2l, auto, 3.50 SureSlip, 4X2, True Duals,
Emerald Green, S/B, Reg Cab. K&N Open Element ,
Splitfires, MSD Wires, KEM C&R

See Pictures At http://members.tripod.com/~MasterOfR

----------
> From: Matt Plowman <pmp@smtpgwy.roadnet.ups.com>
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: Pinging 318's
> Date: Wednesday, February 26, 1997 9:56 AM
>
> Hi folks,
>
> Do the *stock* 318's have a propensity to ping
(detonate/pre-ignition
> what have you)? I test drove a '97 318 Dakota and it was lightly
> rattling pretty much the whole time. Whats up? Is it necessary to
> run premium to do away with it?
>
> I understand the MP computer does'nt help this much with a bit more
> timing advance thrown in ...
>
> What is the stock thermostat temp? Will a 180 or 160 help with
> detonation probs? How about spark plugs one heat range cooler and
> gapped a tad tighter?
>
> One last thing ... you guys with the mostly stock 318/auto's ...
what