Re: Neon attitude -Reply

From: Carl Vidos (cvidos@io.com)
Date: Tue Mar 04 1997 - 02:15:26 EST

It's been kind of entertaining watching you guys argue the
merits of the Neon v. the DAK.

When I was unfortunate enough to have my car in the shop
once, I rented one of those little Neons. It had an auto
3-speed with a four banger. Not what I'm used to driving,
but pretty peppy nonetheless.

Just so happens I have a friend with a Dakota, and from
a running start that little Neon gave him some serious grief.
Although it wouldn't win a drag race, I was able to keep
him out of my lane. Not bad for four cylinders, and at the
time he (the DAK driver) even had a modified exhaust. He hangs
out on this list; maybe he'll tell you about it....

I'm positive the 5-speed Neon would have faired even better.

  Carl Vidos * cvidos@io.com * http://www.io.com/~cvidos
                 1995 Firebird M6 - 13.9@98.48