Re: Coolant smell...its actually...

From: Tom McCabe (mccabet@megsinet.net)
Date: Tue Mar 04 1997 - 15:30:16 EST

Sean_P_Meldrum@Auto.ittind.com wrote:

> The smell exists in all modes, including regular vents. So long as
> the temperature is set to use heated air I get the smell. I haven't
> lost any coolant that I can tell. I've checked the rad. 3 times and
> it's completely full.

This is true on mine also. Just more noticable on defrost.

> The only exception to this was after I had it
> checked the first time I noticed a 1" diameter puddle of coolant on
> the passenger side rubber floormat.

I have not noticed any seepage in the passenger compartment. Will have
to look closely.

> Well, as I said, it's back. This is going to be the third time now.
> The only reason I don't take it in immediately is I'm sick of running
> back and forth to the dealer when I going to have to go in soon when
> the damn brake parts come in.

I am the same way, The hassle with the dealer plus being out of the way
makes me wait. The next time will be the third time. Let me know what
you find on the lemon law!

L8r

Tom McCabe