Re: Dakota 4x4 Auto Transmission

From: Chris Smith (mopar@tough.com)
Date: Tue Mar 04 1997 - 14:40:56 EST

wright@ids.net wrote:

> I have a 1988 Dakota, about 6 months ago the automatic overdrive went on the thing. I would like to get it fixed without going through the hassles of rebuilding the entire transmission. (what the mechanic told me is the only fix). Does anyone have or now of someone with a transmission for sale? Or any other ideas on getting this truck fixed. I can drive the truck with the overdrive switched off. It's a pain to remember to switch it off though.

I went the junk yard route when this happened to me. I payed $600 + $50
for shipping (didn't have one in my area, but the local yard located one
a few hundred miles away)

Took me all day to swap (did it by myself). I used a floor jack and
blocks to lift. Would be worth the money to rent a transmission jack.

--
-Chris Smith
mopar@tough.com