Re: Coolant smell (fwd)

From: Robert P. Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Tue Feb 04 1997 - 12:47:22 EST

At 03:04 PM 3/4/97 -0500, you wrote:
> As of recently I have been looking to purchase my first truck and
>within the last week had my heater core go. I know that it is an aweful
>smell and if that is the best dodge can offer in there small pickup
>trucks then I have no further interest in purchasing one. And as for the
>problems encountered with the dealerships service department I see the
>service as a number one priority and not the sale so this is the other
>determinate of what kind of truck is best for me. Knowing these facts
>makes my life easier.
>
> Philip Pomoransky pp95ad@badger.ac.brocku.ca
> 2nd Year Computer Science Student
> Brock University
>
> "Ignorance is not an excuse, It is a way of life!"
> Unknown

Philip:

Don't judge the truck by one incident and one dealer. I think you will
find that most people on this list think that the Dakota is the best small
truck on the road (including Sean). All new vehicles have teething
problems, some worse than others. I have some minor problems with my 97,
the dealer has fixed some (the very first time) and he will fix the
remainder (that I had discovered later) next week when it goes in for it's
4 month service.

The purpose of this list is to bring forward problems for discussion. If
you watch carefully, you will find list members tolling the virtures and
the longevity of their older Dakotas.

I recommend that you do some more homework and rethink your conclusions
regarding a Dodge Dakota.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, British Columbia