Re: Oil Leak, Replies

From: Calvin J. Albers (bissonet@illuminet.net)
Date: Wed Mar 05 1997 - 21:50:35 EST

Thanks for the good information and experiences.

I should have mentioned, I use conventional oil and have changed it
every 3,000 miles since new.

I agree with the comments about the dealers. I also do not think modern
engines should seep or leak oil at all and from what I have seen, any
oil leak only gets worse.

After the first fix, after two more complaints, I had to suggest a joint
inspection by the local CC guy. The service manager then agreed it was
leaking and said they would do a "complete" repair this time. They kept
the truck for a week, I crawled under it and found the same oil and the
same bolt missing they lost on the first repair. At least they should
clean it and make it look like they did work.

I now have an open file at CC in MI. Do not want to end up with a bad
leaker as soon as I run out of warranty (my wife would not let me park
on the diveway anymore)

Calvin

bissonet@illuminet.net