New to list.. -Reply

From: Robert Lee Cobb Jr. (S0042745@cedarnet.cedarville.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 09 1997 - 17:04:21 EST

Steve, just yank all the old stereo stuff out. Put 6 1/2" 3-ways in
the doors, a pair of 12's behind the seats, and a couple sets of
tweeters around the cab with a total of about 1000 watts of power
running it. Do all this and install an Alpine CD/radio in the dash
and you'll be in business. In my regular cab I've got a pair of
Orion 10's behind the seat with the electronic crossover mounted in a
recess in the center of the box, a pair of 6 1/2" 3-way Pioneers in
the doors, a pair of Oz 5 1/4" midbass speakers in a mount which
countours over the transmission hump in the center of the floor and
leans back against the seat. Now, powering the 10's is a 600 watt
Profile amp (under the passenger side of the bench seat), and another
600 watt amp (can't remember the manufacturer of it, though) powering
the 6 1/2's and the 5 1/4's (it's running 2-ohm stereo) which sits
under the driver's side. I've got an Alpine CD/radio in the place of
the old stock thing, too. Wanna hear what I've spent for all this?
about $985. Wanna know retail? Over $1,600. Find somebody you can
get stuff from cheap. No, none of my stuff is hot, either.
To say the least, it is LOUD! I can't sit in the truck and turn it
up all the way. It's GREAT!

- Rob Cobb 93 LE V8 auto, reg. cab
s0042745@cedarville.edu

>>> Steve Wade <houndog@virtualsales.com> 3/9/97, 11:47am >>>
Hey all you Dakota Fans!

        My name is Steve and I the proud owner of a '94 Dak, club
cab,
V8, auto, loaded. I bought this truck after having(insert laugh
here)
an '88 Mazda, 2.2 liter, club cab, loaded. It gave me 135,000 miles
of
HARD driving fun. When I finally blew it up I already knew what
truck I
wanted. Just had to find it. This is the first auto that I have
ever
owned and it is kinda strange not being able to jam the gears and
grab a
tire every time coming and going. (I actually was able to grab third
going up in my Mazda at will)

        Now on to my question. My Dak has the infinity stereo system
in
it and it SUCKS!!! It drops in and out whenever it feels like it.
have heard a few other grumblings here and there about this problem.

What experience have any of you had with the stock stereo? My Dak is

out of warranty so making the dealer replace it is out right??

Thanks in advance

Steve