Re: New to list..and the stereo sucks...

From: MoparRuss@aol.com
Date: Sun Mar 09 1997 - 21:49:04 EST

i had my factory stereo in mine for all of 2 weeks....i wasn't going to jamb
all the stuff i had in my mustang in there but after 2 weeks i couldn't take
it anymore and out it came...i have a standard cab with 2 rockford fosgates
10's , 2 optimus 6 1/2's in the doors.....2 cheap tweeters on top.....2
kenwood amps (KAC-606 which are only 65 watts a channel), a MTX 3 way
crossover, and a kenwood disc player....yes it all fits in the truck....and
it rocks like there was no tomorrow....my back windows flex from the sound
pressure and the clarity is intense....and the whole set up was less than a
grand......forget factory sounds....nobody's factory sound systems are worth
anything....(at least in my opinion)....i'd go get a new head unit for less
than factory and start building the rest of it up...with an extra cab you
have more room to play and you can get some jammin sounds if you work on
it....good luck...

Russ

PS....i love the kenwood disc player....i can go over speed bumps at 90 and
it won't skip and it will play any CD no matter how scratched it is (the guy
that sold it to me proved this by placing a piece of scotch tape on the disc
and the kenwood played it...my old sony would spit them out...