AutoStick and two O-sensors

From: Matt Plowman (pmp@smtpgwy.roadnet.ups.com)
Date: Mon Mar 10 1997 - 17:44:06 EST

Hi Buddy and all,

> Wow! I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Chrysler's "Auto Stick" (?).
> It had a clutch and you could shift it like a auto while driving without
> using the clutch. The clutch was only needed for starting, if memory
> serves correct.

If you are referring to the late model Auto-Sticks like in the Vision/
Intrepid Sports and the Stratus', they have no clutch. They are
fun to drive at first but soon it gets to be a drag. The computer inter-
feres too much, IMMHO.

Matt

ps. I was crawling around under the new truck yesterday and noticed
that the exhaust was probed by not one, but two Oxygen sensors. One
before the cat and one after. How long has this been going on in
the Dakota's ?

pmp@roadnet.ups.com
97 Dak