(no subject)

From: Matt Plowman (pmp@smtpgwy.roadnet.ups.com)
Date: Tue Mar 11 1997 - 11:28:22 EST

> The old slantomatic sixes only had four main bearing and a lot of crank
> flex, I'll take my 3.9 over one of them anyday. Had a '60 Valiant with a
> 170 cu in slantomatic, which was a good engine for its day. But that was
> 36 years ago! Seven mains, a better head and mpi and it'd be a good
> engine today, maybe.

Larry:

Actually, they didn't have a lot of crank flex. The engine didn't
need any more than 4 mains especially when you consider the size of
each and the long stroke design of the motor. That, I believe, is just
one of those rumors ... careful.

Every /6 I've ever rebuilt never showed any signs of crank/main probs.
In fact, these motors always tended to look spectacular compared to
other engines I've seen on the inside.

Matt
pmp@roadnet.ups.com
97 Dak