Re: Slant 6

From: Jane or Larry Elliott (elliott@serv.net)
Date: Wed Mar 12 1997 - 23:17:06 EST

Let's see 25 mpg Imperial works out to 20.8 mpg US, and 17 mpg Imperial
works out to 14.2 mpg US. What speeds were you driving on the hiway.
I've gotten up to 22-23 mpg US when driving 55-60 on the hiway or with a
good tailwind. At my usual cruising speed of 70-75 mph I get between 18.5
and 20 depending on the wind and mountains. In town I get between 15 and
17 mpg US.

My point was and is, while the slant 6 may well have been an okay engine
and may well hold up well enough when driven conservatively and maintained
well, it's not a high speed (not that a 5200 rpm redline is high speed
anyway) engine.

Larry, '92, 3.9, 4x4, 5 sp'd, LE, MP SBEC