Re: member profiles??

From: Jon Steiger (steiger@ait.fredonia.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 18 1997 - 11:49:05 EST

At 12:45 AM 3/18/97 -0500, you wrote:

>i missed this thread
>what is all this member profiles stuff
>
>i'm lost and it sounds good

   For those of you who missed it, (it did go by pretty fast),
we now have the ability to have "member profiles" on the WWW.
Basically, you fill out a form about yourself, your truck, whatever
you want... Then, you submit it, and a few seconds later, it shows
up with everyone elses profile, indexed by name and e-mail address.

   Its an excellent way to learn more about the people we talk
(and argue ;) with every day. Very interesting reading. :)
Each member profile has a counter on it so you can tell how many
people have read your profile.

  You can change or delete your own profile whenever you want.
They're password protected, so only you can change your profile. (That's
the theory, anyway) :) Your profile is recognized by an automatically
assigned unique ID. You can change absolutely everything about your
profile except that UID and your password. I plan to add the password
change ability but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

  The profiles are available via the DML Home Page:

  http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/WWW/DAKOTA/dakota.html

  BTW:

   The format for these profiles is something that I've created from another
form i made earlier that had been floating around on my hard drive. If
anyone has any suggestions about fields that should be added/deleted/changed,
whatever, feel free to bring them up! The form is fairly easy to
change. Usually. :)

                                              -Jon-

    Jon Steiger - Network Administrator for Academic Information Technology
    .- steiger@ait.fredonia.edu -- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ -.
    | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, KotWitDoDFAQ |
    | '96 Dodge Dakota SLT V8, '96 Kolb FireFly 447, '91 Yamaha FZR600R |
     I do not speak for SUNY College at Fredonia; any opinions are my own.