Re: Good Stakehole Tie-downs

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Mon Mar 24 1997 - 08:52:16 EST

> I picked up a set of hide-a-hook stake tie-downs from Off Road Warehouse
> here in San Diego for a little over half of what the Dodge dealers wanted

  Lucky you. I couldn't find them locally at any store, and the
dealer I got from Penda's 800 # wanted $25/tiedown. Ended up costing
me less going to the Mopar counter.

> They're fine
> for shorter trips, but the screws will work loose on long trips.

  I'll keep an eye on them. The parts manager said the same thing,
but he also mentioned that they install Hide-A-Loops on all their
dealer trucks and abuse the hell out of them. The Loctite is a good
idea.

> The sheet metal in the stake pockets is pretty thin though

  Good point. At least the sheet metal is now my weak point, which
should work out just fine for my light hauling needs. Those toggle
bolt specials really sucked.

> need to add rings to the bed mounting bolts for that.

  Hmmm, I'd have to temporarily remove the bedliner if I wanted to
do that, but that's a good idea.

  Thanks for the tips,

  Ron