FW: K&N FIPK for 97 Dakota

From: Ned Vogler (NVOGLER@rghosp.chime.org)
Date: Mon Mar 24 1997 - 15:33:00 EST

Hi Todd-

>What does K&N and FIPK stand for?

Well, K&N is short for K&N Engineering, a company which designs and
manufactures hi-performance high-flow reusable air filters. Their air
filters are called Filterchargers. FIPK is their name (probably
trademarked) for the Filtercharger Injection Peformance Kit, which is
basically an open element air cleaner setup (the air filter is exposed
instead of being in a can). This allows more air to flow to your intake,
hence more power/performance. K&N didn't make a FIPK for my truck so I
bought a clone model from Jules @ MPI (Magnum Peformance, Inc.
713-354-7223)and it works just as well. For more info on K&N and FIPK's
see:

(darnit, my web access isn't working at present, someone else have K&N's
web address?)
I know you can find it on a link at

http://www.motorville.com

Ciao!

Ned Vogler
(nvogler@rghosp.chime.org)
'96 Dakota SLT V8 5-sp 4x4 Club Cab
Gibson 3" Catback Exhaust/MPI FIPK-clone
MSD Ignition & MPI Super Street TBI soon!