Re: MSD stuff.... -Reply -Reply

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Thu Mar 27 1997 - 14:24:05 EST

Scott writes:
>high voltage ignition systems. For wires, the best choices for the money
>would be the MSD Heli-core or Mallory Sidewinder wires.

Are the MSD Heli-Core notably better than Accell's new heat-resistant wires?

I think the MSD use monel metal, vs. stainless steel on the Accell. Neither
are very good conductors, but monel metal doesn't change dimension much
due to temperature (if that matters in a loose mounted wire).

The Accell have a metalized finish on the plug boot that's supposed to
keep the temperature under better control.

How about fit to the application? Accell has a part no (9023) specifically
for the Magnum engines. Does Mallory or MSD include wire stays?

Jim

.com'ing on topic