Re: The excitement is fading

From: Robert P. Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Fri Feb 28 1997 - 09:30:37 EST

At 06:49 AM 3/28/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Basiclly, I ordered a '97 Sport, CC, 4x4, 5 sp with everything except
>towing. What I'm getting is an automatic transmission. The Fleet Manager
>ordered the truck and admits he screwed up. I can deal with that, I've
>been known to screw up. And they are perfectly willing to re-order it.
>Due to timing, I can't wait another 6 weeks (and they know it), so I
>agreed to take the truck that's coming.
>
>I tried to get them to move off the $808.00 extra, but no luck. First I
>got my deposit check back and said the deal is off. They couldn't have
>cared less. So 24 hours later I went back in and tried to get the owner
>of the dealership to absorb at least some of the extra money. No dice.
>Not one penny.
>
>The final stupid comment from them was "They will put me in a rental, at
>no charge, until my truck comes in." At that point, my wife lit up and I
>had to get her out quick before there was blood letting.
>
>What they don't know, is my two sons are waiting to buy a new Dakota,
>and at least six people I work with are very interested. I think this is
>going to cost them a lot more than $808.00.
>
>This is a done deal and behind me now, so I'm, excited again.
>
>Later
>Larry Hill

Larry:

Maybe I just think different, but from the way you tell the story, it
sounds like the dealer is being more than fair. You know and he knows,
unless you ordered a real oddball, he'll be able to sell the truck tomorrow.

If you really want the five speed, be gracious, accept the rental until
your new truck comes in. Six weeks isn't very long.

My 2 cents worth.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, British Columbia