Re: The excitement is fading

From: dhannu@centuryinter.net
Date: Sun Mar 30 1997 - 23:25:32 EST

>I've noticed that the dealers here around Mpls, MN weren't very willing to
>deal either. It seems that the truck is selling so well that if you don't
>want to pay that price, someone will walk in an hour that will. Seems like
>this is the price we have to pay in order to get the best truck on the
>market today.

I just purchased my '97 Dakota a couple weeks ago, and I got a special deal
thru Sam's Club (don't laugh). I guess Sam's Club has a deal set up with
certain auto dealers across the US. You call a toll free number, tell them
where you are and what brand and model you're looking for, and they'll give
you a dealer to contact. The Dodge dealer I bought from (about 40 miles
away) sold me the Dakota for $200 over invoice price... $2200 off the
sticker price. Just because I'm a Sam's Club member (definitely worth the
$25/year membership).

-Dave

David J. Hannu dhannu@CENTURYinter.net
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/5177