4WD Binding

From: Ned Vogler (NVOGLER@rghosp.chime.org)
Date: Mon Mar 31 1997 - 13:05:00 EST

Hey Mark!

I seem to have a similar problem with my 4WD... (and we're due for some
snow tonite/tomorrow)... Can you tell me a little more about your
symptoms?? Does it make any noises in 2WD?? Mine was seeming to bind
slightly in 4WD and make 'creaking' sounds when taking off from a stop in
2WD... Had the dealer look at it and they said it just had a dry ball
joint! They relubed the front end, and it was still happening so I
brought it back again and this time they didn't find anything, but again
they lubed the front end... I had to get them to take a rag and clean the
inside of my wheelwells there was so much excess grease splattered in
there.... I hate going to the dealer, but while the 3/36 is in effect,
I'll go there only, that way if there's a problem, they can't say it was
due to work being done somewhere else... BTW, what year is yours??

Ciao!

Ned Vogler
(nvogler@rghosp.chime.org)
'96 Dakota SLT V8 5-sp 4x4 Club Cab
Gibson 3" Catback Exhaust/MPI FIPK-clone
MSD Ignition & MPI Super Street TBI soon!