No Backpressure was: Re[2]: Dummy O2 sensors

From: Sean_P_Meldrum@Auto.ittind.com
Date: Mon Mar 31 1997 - 12:32:47 EST

     A guy here at work has a friend that drag races a '94 Dakota with the
     SBEC and a Flowmaster. After they installed the Flowmaster and they
     headed for the track, my coworker grabbed a couple of exhaust pipe
     reducer couplings and threw 'em in the truck. He's been bracket
     racing for years and thought the Flomaster might reduce the
     backpressure a bit *too* much. When they get to the strip and his
     friend runs the truck they note an improvement, but not what they had
     expected to get out of the exhaust swap. My coworker tapped a reducer
     coupling on the end of the exhaust pipe to choke it off a bit and
     bammo: instant 2 tenths! This may be a cheap fix to cure a low
     backpressure type situtation if you're still having the problem.
     Hope this helped.

     Sean
     '97 318/5spd/3.55SG/E-KN FIPK clone
     sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com

I removed my cat on my 92 and went from Doug Thorly headers to a 3" PIPE
TO A FLOWMASTER, it sounded real good and ran alright, but it messed up
my idle and my gas millage really droped. they say not enough back
pressure. Dan