mild off-roading in 4WD Dakoka? -Reply

From: slemser@compucom.com (Scott Lemser) (slemser@compucom.com)
Date: Mon Mar 31 1997 - 14:24:35 EST

>>> "Howard Wilson" <howard@bga.sps.mot.com> 03/31/97 08:17am

does anyone use the 4wd part of their dakota for anything but snow,
boat ramps,
and the occassional sandy spot?
thanks,--
Howard P. Wilson
howard@bga.sps.mot.com
Howard,
Don't know too much about the trail action in or near Austin,
however, up here in the Arlington area we have plenty. All you need
is a little imagination. The areas we use are the Trinity river bottoms,
state built Fire-Roads in the hills and access trails around the area
lakes.
If none of the above exist or are accessible in Austin, Pick up a copy
of one of the 4wheel drive magazines. They usually have an E-mail
address and will put you in touch with a local 4x4 club or let you in on
trails that they have on file.
Once you have someplace in mind, scout the area or ask for advice
from other ' wheelers before proceeding. The Dakota is a capable
4x4 in stock form, but it is easy to get in way over your head if not
familiar with the area. Find a trail that is well used or travel with
others to be safe.

slemser@compucom.com
95 SLT/CC v8 4x4
See Profile