Re: FW: Dakota computer upgrade 25 horse

From: Jane or Larry Elliott (elliott@serv.net)
Date: Tue Apr 01 1997 - 21:26:53 EST

The MP SBEC for the '92 and '93 3.9's is supposed to give a 10 hp and 15
lbft increase and raise the redline to 5200 from 4800 rpm (according to
the guy from MP I talked to on the phone). Engine life shouldn't be
effected unless you run it at redline all the time. If your 3.9 is older
or newer than those 2 yrs you're outta luck I think.

I've had one on my '92 3.9 since they came out in late '92 (I think) and
have nearly 76k miles on it now with no problems related to the SBEC.

Larry