Re: MSD stuff....

From: John Lindsay (jlindsay@oharamfg.com)
Date: Fri Apr 04 1997 - 23:49:59 EST

At 12:19 AM 4/4/97 -0800, you wrote:
>John Lindsay wrote:
>>
>> I'm looking for the choice spot to mount the Blaster 3 coil.
>>
>> Maddog
>>

>we like it at the stock location
>
>jules

 Problem is.... the stock coil is still in the stock location <G>. I left it
there just in case the MSD coil went out some day when I'm out in the middle
of nowhere. In fact, the whole MSD system could go out...... switch two
wires & I'm back in business.

 I finally put it on the firewall. Two of the bolts that hold on the
windshield wiper motor are exactly the right spacing for the coil
bracket..... 2 minutes to install & puts the business end of the coil almost
right over the distributor (shortest possible coil wire). It was too easy to
pass up.

 I gotta tell y'all..... the MSD system is some of the best money I ever
spent. Much better throttle response, more power across the band, & I'm sure
the mileage is going to go up. It's about the same diffence as when I put
the MP SBEC in.

                 Maddog