RE: Water Based Paint (was 1993......Paint)

From: L. J. Morris (ljohn@alltel.net)
Date: Fri Apr 11 1997 - 13:43:57 EDT

Guess what, get used to it folks, with the new VOC regulations, it won't be
long to all paint products use water for a carrier. CAT has painted all
their
equipment with water based paint for 10 to 15 years. The trouble is that
the Corporations practice at our (the customer's) expense, this is a fact.
Remember the metallic blue/silver/gray GM cars in the mid-80's that the
paint pealed off in sheets (hood/roof/trunk), they were all painted in
Canada with water based lacquer (read experiment).

When I say all paint products I mean even your household paint store
products, used some water based two (2) part epoxy wall paint recently from
PPG it worked really well, but clean-up was not as easy as latex.

L. John Morris<ljohn@alltel.net>
!!!!! ... your local *HEMI* owner ...!!!!!
'97 SLT+ CC 4x4
5.2L, 5spd, 3.92SG