Re: Front Tow Hooks for a 9

From: Steve Lowe (Slow@Primenet.Com)
Date: Mon Apr 14 1997 - 11:38:11 EDT

On 14 Apr 1997 18:28:03 -0500, you wrote:

         Reply to: RE>>Front Tow Hooks for a 97 Dakota

I know what you're thinking Rob --> my father has a front 2" receiver
on his full-size Ram 2500. Very handy and nearly invisible unless
something is in it. Lots of stuff to put in there too; bicycle rack,
winch, generator platform, hitch balls, etc. Wish I had one.
Unlikely anyone will ever offer one for the Dakota.

It looks like the tow hook bracket "could" be modified to mount a
receiver hitch. However, it is not as sturdy as I would like to see
for a winch. I could see it being done, then breaking loose and
tearing the front end of the truck off....

Yeah, you guys and your '97s. No factory tow hooks for < 1997

Just think, until the Ford truck was redone, GMC and Chevy, Toyota,
and Nissan were the only ones to put factory hooks on a truck. I think
its nice that they are available, but would be better if they were
standard equipment on every 4X4.

        Steve

1997 Dakota 4X4, CC, 5.2LT, 5 speed, everything 'cept the anti-locks