Re: FW: They skipped Mopar!

From: 00gtomo@bsuvc.bsu.edu
Date: Thu Apr 17 1997 - 18:04:17 EDT

I have to comment on the mustang issue, being how 3 of my buddies have 5.0 and
one of the others has a Thunderchicken SC and another has a Pontiac GTA. It
is pretty humbling when they all have screamers and I have a V6 Dakota.
Their cars are great to go uptown and do a little stoplight racing, but as far
a daily driver goes, I will take my Dakota any day. I love it to death and
am always getting compliments on how nice it looks and the truck is basically
stock. All my buddies say if you can't make it fast (can't because of money
reasons) then make it look good. That is what i am doing, as a matter of fact
my best friend just bought a 95 Ranger 4x4 and is selling his mustang, and he
made fun of me for owning a truck.

Don't get me wrong, you can make a V6 quicker, but it will never be a V8. I
just think it is what you want to use the vehicle for.

Now if my truck was a V8, then the game has changed. I would try to make that
the fastest thing around, but it is not a V8 and I am living with what I have,
and loving every minute of it.

Well i have rambled long enough and the lab is closing.

Just my $0.02

Gregg
92 CC V6 and proud of it