Re: They skipped Mopar! -Reply

From: Robert Lee Cobb Jr. (S0042745@cedarnet.cedarville.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 20 1997 - 09:38:30 EDT

WillTier@aol.com wrote:
"I'd like to think that the Dakota could do 140, but I'm skeptical."

Bill,
I know a guy back home with a 93 V8 Sport who's had his speedo
straight up and down with the tell-all end past 125. . . Oh, he was
getting up there about 6 months ago and had it around 115 and decided
to put his foot all the way to the floor (he was only giving it about
3/4 throttle at the time). Well, when he put his foot down it
downshifted into 2nd. . .tach shot past the 6000 redline mark about
an inch he said. He ended up driving it home the rest of the way on
only 4 cylinders because he bent pushrods to the other 4. It was all
repaired under warranty, though. Said it sounded like it had a BIG
cam in it when he screwed it up. Oh yeah, he had stock valvesprings
at this time, so I guess we can say that the stock springs will
protect half of your motor's valves from floating, huh?

- Rob Cobb 93 V8 Le 2wd swb
s0042745@cedarville.edu

>>> <WillTier@aol.com> 4/20/97, 05:26am >>>

<< I'd like to think that the Dakota could do 140, but I'm sceptical.