Re: paint

From: LMJ416@aol.com
Date: Wed Apr 23 1997 - 15:37:24 EDT

I also own a 93 Dakota Sport, banzai blue. The paint on the roof just faded
away and
the driver's side door and box side dulled. I took it to Scranton (PA)
Dodge, they gave me an estimate for $959 and contacted Chrysler. Chrysler
agreed to pay 75%, which they based on age and mileage. The truck was about
3 1/2 years old with about 32,000 miles at the time (Nov 96). The body shop
manager was very easy to work with, even though I didn't buy the truck there.
 My personal feeling is that based on the age of the truck you will be hard
pressed to get Chrysler to pay 100%. I don't know of any class action suits,
but I thought this info might help. Good luck.