Re: K&N open element...

From: Scott Vieth (scottv@msn.fullfeed.com)
Date: Fri Apr 25 1997 - 09:57:43 EDT

Ned "Ok-i-lee Dok-i-lee, Neighbor" Vogler wrote:

> The Edelbrock/K&N setup some of the guys are using is a 10" diameter x
> 2.25" high air cleaner... it's only really necessary for the 10" diameter
> air cleaner on the '97's. On '96 and older Daks, you can easily put on
> K&N's FIPK unit which is a 14" x 3" open element air cleaner... or Jules
> also has an FIPK-clone unit (also 14" x 2.5" or 3") for about the same
> price (and looks even better than K&N's in my opinion)... the other
> advantage with Jules' kit over the FIPK from K&N is that you get an extra
> paper filter to use when you're recharging your K&N and you get a
> recharge kit... ya don't get either when you buy the FIPK from K&N...
> I've got the MPI FIPK-clone on my '96 and love it!! It all depends on
> how much $$$ you want to spend and how much air you want to feed your
> TBI! :-)

Ned, you need to get that Magnum SS TBI installed and let us all know how well
it works with your FIPK-clone and the catback. If it adds are few more ponies,
Jules will be getting another TBI order. ;^)

-Scott Vieth http://www.msn.fullfeed.com/~scottv

'68 Camaro RS, 327/PG
'97 Dakota Sport 4x4 Club Cab,5.2L/5-spd,FIPK clone,Gibson cat-back