Re: Cat-Back System

From: Julie G. Nordin (jgzcdn@ghg.net)
Date: Sun Apr 27 1997 - 11:41:34 EDT

Keith R Wanderi wrote:

> I am looking to get a Cat-Back system for my 97 V6 Auto CC 4x4. I would like to get a 'dual out the rear' setup. Can anyone recommend a good system at a reasonable price? What kind of gains can I expect to see? I am look to include a K&N upgrade along with the Cat-Back system.

I have a 96 V8 CC 4X4 and had a flowmaster setup installed. I used one
muffler with a 3" inlet and two 2 1/4" outlets, The inlet may be smaller
for the V6. Mine sounds great but I did seem to lose a little low end
power (below 2000 rpm) but picked up power above that. Added a K&N FIPK
and Tornado yesterday. Now the truck has all the power it needs, the K$N
and the Tornado really gave me back the low end and increased the
resposiveness all across the board. By the way I had my duals done at a
local muffler shop who is a flowmaster dealer. Ther are a number of
other systems that you could go with. BOLA and Gibson seem to spoken
well of as well. But I was not able to get a good price on those. My
dual set up cost $250 parts and labor.

Have Fun,

Don 95 SLT V8 auto 4X4, 5.2 mag w/FIPK, Tornado, Flowmaster duals.