Re[2]: supercharge it!!

From: Sean P Meldrum (Sean_P_Meldrum@Auto.ittind.com)
Date: Mon Apr 28 1997 - 17:34:02 EDT

     I've got to agree with Scott here. $3+K for 100 hp is too steep for
     me.

     For well under $1000 you could 'spray' the motor and add a few
     safeguards to prevent lean conditions, over revving, etc. Plus it'd
     only be there when you need it. Nitrous is much easier to hide as
     well.

     Blowers whine like a stuck pig. I happen to love the sound but it
     kills the stealth image. You'd never get that Tacoma to run again if
     you're sittin' at a light and all you hear is the whine from the
     blower.

     If you've got the dough, Dave, superchargers definitely deliver and
     they're safer than the nitrous. I've seen that same Hot Rod TV show.
     The nice thing about the blower is it's 'bolt on' nature. Can't argue
     with not haven't to yank cam or pull the heads. Again, that leads you
     right back to the nitrous again. Can't beat the $/hp that nitrous
     gives. Probably can't beat the possible damage/$ though either. ;)

     I noticed from your sig. on the original post that you've got a FIPK
     clone on order. Let us know what kind of a boost you get.

     Done ramblin'

     *********************97 Dakota Sport************************
     * *
     * sean meldrum Email: sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com *
     * *
     * Black, reg. cab, 2wd, 318, 5spd, 3.55 SG, FIPK clone, *
     * MSD 6A and Blaster coil awaiting installation. *
     * *

> After viewing a show Hot Rod magazine (TNN), a thought about putting a Paxson
supercharger on my
> '97 Dakota V8. They claim about a 45% increase in power (that would make the
230 hp V8 now 333
> horsepower). Although a model for '97s isn't out yet and the price is quite
steep, wouldn't 333
> horses under the hood feel good?
>
> Besides, a Tacoma V6 would NOT have a chance at the light!!
> Anyone thinking about this route for permanent horsepower on demand?

Have you looked at the price tag on a Paxton supercharger for your truck? I
want to go fast, but not that bad. :^)

I'll explore all other avenues before I buy a blower for my truck.

-Scott Vieth http://www.msn.fullfeed.com/~scottv