Re: JBA headers

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Tue Apr 29 1997 - 12:08:02 EDT

*snip*
> Scott,
>
> I don't know if the Y-Pipe on the 97's have crimps in it like my 95 but
if
> it does, I would get this replaced first if you want to go with a shorty
> style header. I swear at one of the bends it narrowed down to about 1
> 1/2". I had a muffler shop weld me a 2" Y-pipe with mandrel bends. I
> originally didn't plan on getting headers but I noticed the same increase
> in hp (maybe a little more) with the JBA shorties as I did with the
Y-pipe.
> I'm happy with the JBAs but should have considered DTs from the get go.
> few guys out there have DTs. Do they come with the Y-pipe? If they do
I'd
> go with the DT's because the Y-pipe ($250) and the JBAs ($329) combined
> cost more than DTs ($450).
>
> -Nelson

        The DT headers have a 2" collector on each side, then a 2" Y-
pipe connector to the passenger side, then a 2.5" cone that taps into the
stock
exhaust flange in front of the Cat. The crossover pipe does sit a little
low,
but only about as low at the front crossmember of the suspension... Oil
changes
are a breeze now too!

        Sam '95 SLT