Re: Rpm's and Corresponding Speed

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Tue Apr 29 1997 - 12:13:25 EDT

----------
> From: Jason Bleazard <drazaelb@xmission.com>
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: Re: RPM's and Corresponding Speed
> Date: Tuesday, April 29, 1997 05:45 AM
>
> On Tue, 29 Apr 1997, Dan Myers wrote:
> > Anyone know how to tell if you have suregrip or not. Dan

        Check your window sticker (if new, and you still have it),
or check for a vehicle options list on the underside of your hood.
I will list the tire size, paint code, etc...

        The EASIEST way to tell... Take your truck to an area
where there's not a lot of people around, and lay down a good
long burn out... A non-SG truck will leave 2 marks momentarily,
then the right will (usually) leave a dark burnout, with the other
side nothing or just a mark here and there. A SG truck will
have 2 dark patches, then 2 lark marks... Mostly even...
A slight fish tail after 2-3 feet is not uncommon!

        ..Sam '95 SLT