answers to Q's re: Tornado

From: Julie G. Nordin (jgzcdn@ghg.net)
Date: Wed Apr 30 1997 - 10:54:14 EDT

Hello all,

I am now on the digest version of this list, so I do not think that I
can reply to messages individualy. Anyway, the Tornado in device that
fits in the air inlet system of your vehicle. In a Dakota it fits right
on top of the throttle body assembly inside the air cleaner. In my case
I went with the K&N FIPK be cause I was told there was no Tornado for a
stock Dakota V8. I believe that this is NOT true. The unit I was sent
looked like it would (and it did when I tried) fit a stock (pre 97)
Dakota Air Box. Back to what it is, it is a device which is design3ed to
swrill the air as it enters the engine. Thereby improving atomization
and burn efficency. I have not tried the unit without the FIPK yet. I
was planning on giving the whole set up a month and then switch around
to see what the difference is. Also I dont have any good gas milage
numbers yet. But there seems to be improvement just by the gauge. 90
miles to the first 1/4 tank. You can get info. on the Tornado at
www.tornadoair.com. K&N also has a web site but I dont know the address.

Later,

Don
95 SLT V8 4X4, auto, FIPK, Tornado, Flowmaster duals.