Octane Resurrected

From: rlr (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Wed Apr 30 1997 - 14:02:51 EDT

Well, it's now late April, and I've been filling my bone-stock
'95 SLT 5.2 with midgrade 89 octane fuel to avoid the nasty pinging
that comes with our winter formula gas (NOT oxygenated).

  Last fill up, I used regular 87 octane (figuring what the heck,
maybe we've gone to summer fuel), to see whether or not the evil
preignition demon was there. Sure enough, I opened it up out on
the highway at 70mph, and no ping.

  Looks like my 318 is a borderline case that just can't handle
the winter fuel. All the more reason to try an MSD-6T.

  Ron