Re: Paint Recall on 97 Daks -Reply

From: Robert Lee Cobb Jr. (S0042745@cedarnet.cedarville.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 30 1997 - 22:33:02 EDT

>Hey Steve:
>
>I found the same problems with mine. In a couple of places (on the
>box), specks (dirt?) under the paint and when buffed, left black
>spots. Dealer fixed all of them (including some re-painting) to my
>satisfaction.

I had a dealer fix some paint that was flaking off on the right rear
of my truck once. They got it in and out of the paint shop in one
day. . .a year later the same place they fixed was a bunch of rust
because the goofballs that painted it didn't know what primer was.
Yep, just a coat of paint on the bare metal and sent it back to me.
If you start getting rust spots in your paint after a year or two
you'll know what happened. Oh, I fixed my rust problems by sanding
the rust off and applying a product called "Rust Destroy" or
something like that. It bonds with the rust and alters it
chemically, then seals it from rusting anymore. Works great. Only
problem is a $10 bottle only covers about 20 square feet. . .so it
wouldn't be the best thing to coat your frame/undercarriage with.

- Rob Cobb 93 V8 LE 2wd swb auto.
s0042745@cedarville.edu