Re: No Muffler -Reply -Reply -Reply

From: Robert Lee Cobb Jr. (S0042745@cedarnet.cedarville.edu)
Date: Mon May 05 1997 - 17:14:35 EDT

Mike wrote:

Now heres my question to the list. I looked all over for a 2 1/2
chrome tip.. the one i finally found was $6 at the local parts shop.
 It now looks terrible (rust spots). Walmart has the exact same
thing but i dont want it to rust again. Is there some type of
coating i can spray on a chrome tip to keep it from rusting???

Mike, ya may want to try some Polyurethane clear coat sold in spray
cans. I imagine that if you threw a few coats of that stuff on the
chrome it would help keep it looking good and seal out the nasty
stuff. I've seen clear coat sprayed on copper after it was polished
up and it has kept the copper from corroding for years. Still looks
as good as it did when it was first polished. I imagine it would
work just as well for chrome. Apply it to the outside as well as
HEAVILY to the inside. Just a thought. . .

- Rob Cobb 93 V8 LE 2wd swb auto.
s0042745@cedarville.edu