FW: Wind resistance; was: High RPM's etc.

From: Ned Vogler (NVOGLER@rghosp.chime.org)
Date: Fri May 09 1997 - 19:11:00 EDT

>His mechanic is right about being a fair weather mod though. If you
live
>north of the Mason Dixon then you have to be aware of the need for
>pre-heat. Excess warm-up time without it leads to undue wear in the
>engine. The quicker you get them warmed up the better.
>Brian Cleary

Hey Brian, can you expound on this a little more?? Your post was a little
vague, and I'd like to know more about the need for pre-heating...why you
need it, what it is, and why it can be detrimental to the engine if you
don't have it... Thanks!

Ciao!

Ned Vogler
(nvogler@rghosp.chime.org)
'96 Dakota SLT V8 5-sp 4x4 Club Cab
Gibson 3" Catback Exhaust/MPI FIPK-clone
MSD Ignition & MPI Super Street TBI soon!