Re: Black and paint. Was: Greetings!!!

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Mon May 12 1997 - 18:07:52 EDT

At 07:47 PM 5/12/97 -0400, you wrote:

>I think the deflector will help.....I wish I liked the looks of 'em on the
>'97s though....I'll just have to settle for fixin' stone chips I guess.
>
>As for the chips....try on of those little DupliColor chip repair kits.
>They come with a little bottle of primer, paint, clear coat, a small sheet
>of 2000 grit sandpaper and a little tool for removing the rust. I've had
>pretty good luck with 'em buy plan to get a spray can for the paint
>instead of the little brush in the kit. This liitle kit might be the trick
>for your "pit". Hope this helps.
>*******************************97 Dakota Sport*******************************
> Work: sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com
>
> 318, 5spd, 3.55SG, reg. cab, 2wd
>"Meldrum" fresh air filter combo**MSD 6a awaiting installation
>****

Hey Sean:

I agree, the bug deflectors for the 97's look horrible. The body shop at
the local dealership gave me a small bottle of touch-up paint (with a brush
in it) when they repainted some factory flaws. They said that will be a
better colour match than the touch-up paint from the parts department.

I touched the paint to the chip using a toothpick. it seems to work better
than a brush. With white, you cannot tell where the chip was unless you
look real close.
Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria,