Re: DAK, rims

From: rlr (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Thu May 15 1997 - 13:44:05 EDT

> Jiffy lube:
> Great scam, charge you to wreck your motor.

  To be fair, most quick-lube places (as well as many full-service
mechanics) are advertising this "pump solvent through your engine"
bit. I guess a lot of people bought these machines when they came
out, not just Jiffy Lube.

  I do think this solvent-pump deal could have benefits, but only
when there's a significant amount of varnish and sludge in the
engine to begin with. I.e. a severely undermaintained vehicle.
And we know there are none of those on this list. ;)

  Ron "Jiffy Lube Does My Annual Inspection" Rader