Re: Wranglers

From: Robert P. Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Thu May 15 1997 - 19:55:04 EDT

Hey Guys:

I know we talked about Goodyear Wranglers before. On the front of my
truck, they started to show cupping (front outside lug wearing faster than
the adjacent rear lug) at 3,000 miles. Had the wheel alignment checked and
it was correct to factory specs. The solution is periodic (ie. every
service) tire rotation. The dealer blamed the 4x4 front axle for the wear.

Yesterday, I took a look at his service truck. It was two wheel drive,
same Wranglers and it was showing the same excessive front tire wear.
Spotted a Dodge 3/4 ton 4x4 today with Wranglers....same problem.

My conclusion, it's the tires. The wear must come from turning. Your
comments are welcome.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, British Columbia