Re: fuel ocatane

From: Jane or Larry Elliott (elliott@serv.net)
Date: Thu May 15 1997 - 23:57:24 EDT

With the stock SBEC in my '92 running anything with higher octane than 87
does nothing but cost me more money. With the MP SBEC running 92 or
higher octane I get better mileage than with anything and the stock SBEC.
That's as long as I keep my foot out of it. Even when I use the extra
power from time to time I get better mileage than with the stock SBEC.
The first winter when oxygenated gas came out my mileage dropped from
about 15.5-16.5 mpg commuting to 13.5 to 14 mpg for the same trips. With
the MP there's only a slight change in the winter due to slightly longer
idling before driving off.

Larry