Re: Front clip

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Tue May 20 1997 - 22:06:35 EDT

----------
> From: Michael Nalavany <M.A.N.@worldnet.att.net>
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: Re: Front clip
> Date: Tuesday, May 20, 1997 06:26 PM
>
> JT McBride wrote:
> >
> > >V8, other than the Shelby a few years before. The '91 was a
pre-Magnum V8
> > >like the Shelby, and had a serp. belt, but different than a Magnum
(the
> > >magnum doesn't have smog pump!).
> >
> > The first thought through my head when I read this, was, 'in a few
years
> > it's going to be tough to find parts for those...'
> >
> > So I imagine the Shelby convertibles will easily qualify as the rarest
> > Dakotas, any suggestions for runners-up?
> >
> > JimJim,
>
> Shelby didn't make a convertible! At the time you could buy a Shelby
> Dakota and Dodge also offered the convertible Dakota with a V6-not the
> V8. Shelby Dakotas are the rarest Dakota since only 1500 were built for
> only 1989. The convertibles were built in 1989 and 1990.
>
> Michael Nalavany
> 1989 Shelby Dakota #249
> 1970 Plymouth Road Runner

        Actually a WHITE Shelby Dakota is the rarest... I
forgot the white vs. red numbers, but it was more red than
white.

        Even more rare would be the prototype '86 Dakotas....
They are much different inside than the '87 & '88's... I saw
one on television one time..

        BTW:

        I collect diecast 1/24 scale trucks...and I am looking
for Dakota 1/24 scale (or ANY scale) Dakota promo models...
It seems that the 'Ram' got more attention in that area than
any Dakota...

        Thanks,

        Sam '95 SLT